RaverStory

Vote for Raver Story Very Happy
Wewt wewt

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RaverStory

Vote for Raver Story Very Happy
Wewt wewt

RaverStory

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RaverStory

Ahmad GM Applictions

Ahmad

Ahmad GM Applictions Empty Ahmad GM Applictions

Post  Ahmad Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Hello I Am Ahmad Here Is My Application!

What Time Zone are you in:

I live in Central Standard Time (CST)

Where do you live:

I live in Houston, TX.

Why should we choose you as GM/:

First of all, I don't make fun of people by calling names such as "noobs". Everyone was same at beginning. I still remember when I started playing private servers. I always see people arguing and it's mainely because someone started making fun of them. I have played MMORPG for 10 years. I started playing the world's first MMORPG, The Kingdom of Winds like 2 months after it was out. I've met all kinds of people. Online game is not your own game. It's everyone's game. I know how to lower myself. There are some kinds of people I don't get along with. I don't go infront of them and say, "I hate you!" or anything that will offend them because that's how fights start.

I have been playing MapleStory private servers for 1 year. I know how hackers look like and how they behave.

-(90%) Level 70 or higher with basic equips (Not even GM equips. They still use lvl 0 sword.)

-(80%) They keep asking how many GM's are online

-(65%) They keep begging in FM instead of going to henesys and start training their character. (Ex : Meso pl0x, Item pl0x...)

-(95%) They are so brave. You should report if they say, "I'm gonna HT (or even zak, pap, or showa boss)" when they are like lvl 100. There's no way level 100 can solo those bosses unless they hack.

-(90%) Their ign's are very complicated (Ex : 5w7b38e67n85).

-(90%) They hate the server.

-(65%) They have little or no buddies.

-(80%) They don't care about their looks. (They don't even get hair and eyes)

-(45%) They don't have respect.

-(95%) They try to run away from people.

-(90%) Even if there's something they don't like about the server, they contiinue playing. (Ex : "Wow! there's no summoning bags in this server! This is the worst server ever!" [Continues playing])

-(30% the lowest =P) They have extremely high self-esteem.

-(70%) They level up so fast

I wouldn't just ban people just because they look like hackers. If I see hacker suspects, I would use hide and start stalking them. I don't ban random people. I would take screenshots to prove them if you want me to.

I would ban these kinds of people :

Hacking
    Leeching from a Hacker
    Fake GM (Either ban or change their name)
    Fake Donor (Either ban or inventory wipe depending on the amount they were faking)
    Advertising
    Spreading Rumors (Ex: "This server is shutting down forever!")

I would jail/world tour or temp ban these kinds of people :

Spamming
    Too much begging
    Foul Languages (If too much)
    Prejudices
    Scamming
    Abusing Glitches (Depending on what kind of glitch it is)

I'm not going to ban or jail people just because they are little annoying. (<--- I'm not going to tell who did this since I don't want to start a fight) I would jail/ban people after several warnings if they continue doing same stuff for like 30 minutes. I will always try to find a way to stop them other than jailing or banning them. I will jail/ban them if there's no way to stop them. There were some former GM's who were very annoying. I don't want to be one of them.

I will help this server growing by hosting events that are benefitial for the server. I wouldn't just give away huge events. This is how I would do it :

(#(maybe 30 is fine)) Slimes for each vote we get!
    or
    We will have a huge party when we get in top (#) in (place)!

I found that some people don't even vote. This will make them vote.

To reduce the lag, I wouldn't just summon monsters in crowded places like fm. I can also combine serveral events into one. (Ex : Slime Spawn + Hide and Seek = Seek the Slimes! Snail Race (Racing while you are transformed into a snail) + JQ + Monster Race (Race on Monster Riding) = Olympics!

I don't even want to give out max stat items as rewards of events because that will give people too much advantages. A lot of people will quit if a GM did that because there will be a wipe. I don't want to be hated.

I will frequently use '!cheaters' and stalk hacker suspects. Since I was a GM on another server (crappy one though xD), I know how GM commands work. I know causing too much lag will crash the server. Crashing the server is another way to be hated.

What brang you here:

I have(had) 4 servers that are(were) important to me. When the first server was down, its website and forum were also down since they were using the same server as their game server. When the second one was down, its forum was still alive. I spent like 2 months in the forums. It was kind of boring. I heard their owner didn't wanted to be an admin anymore. I went to another server. It was my 3rd pserver. I got to play in there only for like 2 weeks because the owner was out of money and they had to shut down. I didn't wanted to repeat what happened in my 2nd server. I went to Google to find a new server to play on. Since I like to play on growing servers, I went to the 1st page. I clicked on thelostMS. That's how I came here.

How active can you be:

Mon - Fri = 2 - 4 hours
    Sat = only about 2 - 5 hours
    Sun = 4 - 9 hours

Do you know how to Java code if answer = a little don't bother >.<

Yes. I'm not extremely good but I do know how to code stuff. I'm still improving. Here's an example of my script. This is a starter pack script that I made for another server.

var status = 0;

function start() {
    status = -1;
    action(1,0,0);
    }

function action(mode, type, selection) {

if (mode == -1) {//ExitChat
    cm.dispose();

}else if (mode == 0){//No
    cm.sendOk("You don't want the #bstarter pack#k? You will regret! Click OK if you don't want the starter pack. You will be warped to henesys. If you do want the starter pack, click exit chat and talk to me again.");
    cm.warp(100000000,0);
    cm.dispose();

}else{ //Regular Talk
    if (mode == 1)
    status++;
    else
    status--;

if (status == 0) {
    cm.sendYesNo("Hey #h #. Do you want your #bstarter pack#k?");
    }else if (status == 1) {
    if(cm.getChar().getLevel() == 1 && cm.getReborns() == 0) {
    cm.sendOk("Have a nice day! =D");
    cm.resetStats();
    cm.getChar().maxAllSkills();
    cm.gainItem(1452008, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1452004, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1452009, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1472018, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1472025, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1472029, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1462007, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1462008, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1462009, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1332003, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1332015, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1332018, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1442005, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1442010, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1442008, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1432004, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1432006, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1432007, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1382006, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1382007, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1412003, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1412007, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1412008, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1422009, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1422010, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1402003, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1402011, 1);
    cm.gainItem(1402012, 1);
    cm.getChar().levelUp();
    cm.warp(100000000,0);
    cm.dispose();
    }else{
    cm.sendOk("Either you have already got the starter pack or it's too late now.");
    }
    }else if (status == 2) {
    cm.warp(100000000,0);
    cm.dispose();
    }
    }
    }

This NPC will check if you are level 1 without any rebirths and if you are qualified, it will max your skills, give you all the weapons for levels 50 - 70 (except pirates since that server is v .55), level up so there's no way to get the starter pack for the second time, and it will warp the user to henesys.

Will you keep your promised not to abuse your power:

I know the GM rules since they are similar in most servers :

GM's may not share their accounts with someone else
    GM's may not favoritize someone
    GM's may not host events without permission
    GM's may not ban/jail people for no reason
    GM's may not warp players to restricted areas
    GM's may not spam
    GM's may not give anyone special advantages or disadvantages
    GM's may not ban/jail people without proofs
    GM's may not play on MySQL (Playing = Doing stuff they are not supposed to do (Ex : giving people advantages or disadvantages))

By signing my name, I agree with these rules and I will follow them.

Cindy Kostic

How long you been in our server:

I've been here for 1 days and will still continue to play. I started playing on this server since, August the 8th, 2009.

What is your In-game character name:

Right now, it will be Cindy

What is your MSN:

xAeris@hotmail.com

What will you do when you are in our server:

I will :

Code (maybe)
    Ban Hackers and Advertisers
    Handle Abusers
    Host Events
    Answer to Questions
    Get People to Vote

Will you spam Smega and crash the server :

I might be spamming when the server is about to shut down. Some people don't log off during server restart and they complain GM's about their items. Those kind of people would argue for hours so that's how spamming could help people. I won't spam that much to crash the server.

Will you reply to PM even you got flooded:

I would reply/react to them in this order :

1. Hacker Report - Use hide and see if he/she hacks or not. Take a screenshot if needed.

2. Bug/Glitch Report - Try to fix the bug/glitch or come up with a plan.

3. Questions about stuff in our server. - I would answer to them but I won't try to waste much time.

4. Someone tells me that he/she have donated. - First, I would just give them their stuff. Then I would see if he/she really donated or not. If they were faking, I would either ban them or wipe their inventory depending on the amount they were faking.

5. ______ pl0x! -

Meso pl0x - "GM's are not bankers."
    Item pl0x - "GM's are not vending machines."
    Warp me pl0x - "GM's are not taxi."
    Train me pl0x - "You will never be successful by relying on others."
    Event pl0x - "GM's are not game machines."

What happen if you suddenly over spawned more then 100~200 Monsters:

I would reduce the lag to minimum level by doing this :

1. Use '!tdrops' as soon as possible.

2. Use skills like arrow rain to kill the monsters instead of using '!killall' because '!killall' will cause so much lag and it might crash the server.

Will you ever give out any Summoning Bags:

I will not give out any illegal items. I don't want to cause a wipe. Causing a wipe is such a great way to be hated.

A wipe will cause people to leave the server. Only few people will stay here and most of those people are people who have played here for long time. I don't want to cause such a horrible thing to happen.

What if we caught you red-handed giving out of Items:

As I said above, I don't want to cause a wipe.

That goes against one of the GM rules, GM's may not give anyone special advantages or disadvantages.

If I give items away, I wouldn't complain about getting un-GMed.

Extra:
    Even if other GM's are all offline, I still wouldn't do it because I can still get caught and I would be in even bigger trouble if I get caught like this. This is from another server and it's about a GM favoritizing someone and spawning NX slimes for her Thanks you for reading!. cheers

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:55 pm